I'm sucker for a love story, and Charlene & Bosman's beautiful story really pulled at my heart strings. They met in primary school, reconnected briefly in high school and eventually found each other again on social media. There romance blossomed over 3 continent via skype, texts and letters, while he lived in Scotland, and she lived in Atlanta. Bosman surprised Charlene with a beautiful proposal at Heathrow airport during her layover there.
" It has been an amazing couple of months since that moment. Although we were living on two different continents we decided to come back "home" for our big day."
"It is still the biggest revelation how we just "fit". We are meant to be together and made for one another. We have a sacred respect and admiration for each other – We are soulmates."
"The ceiling was decorated with 400 white origami cranes in different sizes. This symbolized our love’s journey by flying across oceans to see each other and the peace within our hearts knowing that this love is forever. "
It was a privilege for me to photograph this gorgeous wedding...Bosman & Charlene, your love story inspires me and reminds me why I do what I do...to capture the joy of these celebrations of peoples love for one another and give them those frozen moments to cherish. Thank you. Enjoy.
- Planner/Coordinator: Mother of the Bride, Annelie Gunter and Bride
- Venue: Getting ready and Honeymoon Suite: Li Belle Guesthouse, Somerset West, Wedding Ceremony: Erinvale Golf Estate and Spa Chapel and Wedding Reception: Croydon Vineyard Estate in Somerset West
- Make-up artist: Nadia Prinsloo from Beau-Ternity and Health, Pretoria
- Hair Stylist: Bride herself and Bride’s sister/maid of honour, RozanneSteyn
- Decor: Origami Birds from LenaSuzuki Kanauchi in Canada via Origami Mill @ Etsy.com
- Florist: Chapel: The Rose Room. Reception:Mother of the Bride, Annelie Gunter and Maid of Honour/ Bride’s sister, RozanneSteyn and friends, Corne and Tanya Fourie.
- Hiring:Hire 4 U, Downings Hire and Exclusive Hire, Western Cape
- Dress designer: Bride: Elizabeth Stockenström, Western Cape and Maid of Honour dress: Forever New
- Suit: Groom and Best Man, Cornel du Plessis:Euro Suit, Canal Walk and Father of the Bride, Etlon Gunter: Mr Suit Hire, Somerset West
- On-site chef: Craig Cormack – The Goose Roaster
- Entertainment: Bagpipe player at Chapel: Piper James and Reception: The Hungarian Trio